COUNCIL TREE PRESERVATION
Listed below are the forms required for each council preservation requirements, please select your council to download the appropriate form.
Canada Bay Council
City of Sydney
Hunters Hill Council
Lane Cove Council
North Sydney Council
Parramatta City Council
Pittwater City Council
PARRAMATTA CITY COUNCIL
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER
Action Arbor Tree Services provide amongst other services, stump grinding, tree removal and tree pruning (sometimes referred to as tree lopping), as well as consultancy by qualified arborists within the Parramatta City Council area.
Parramatta City Council covers the following suburbs:
Below is a brief overview of the Tree Preservation Order within Parramatta City Council. Please note this document should be used as a guide only.
To view complete Tree Preservation Order for this council please CLICK HERE
Parramatta City Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following work to be carried out without consent or permission:
- Removal of a tree which is dead or the removal of dead branches;
- Removal of a species that has been declared a noxious plant under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993;
- Removal of a species referred to in the Order's List of Unsuitable Trees (listed below);
- Removal of a species Populus spp. - Poplar, Salix spp. - Willow, Cinnamomum camphora - Camphor Laurel and Liquidambar styraciflua of such tree is located within 5 metres of any sewer, single storey dwelling or commercial building (not being an out building)* (*see TPO for specifications)
- Removal of a fruit tree or tree grown for the purpose of fruit or fodder production except Acmena spp. - Lilly Pilly, Syzygium spp. - Lilly Pilly and Elaeocarpus spp. - Blueberry Ash;
- Any tree on public land as defined as 'Bushland' by State Environmental Planning Policy No 19 (see TPO for specifications)
- Any species of mistletoe or parasitic plant being removed from any part of a tree to ameliorate the affects upon the tree of such a parasite.
Exempt tree species within Parramatta City Council are as follows:
African Olive Olea europea var. Africana
Large Leaf Privet Ligustrum lucidum
Brazilian Mastic Schinus terebinthifolius
Norfolk Is. Hibiscus Lagunaria patersonii
Cocos Palm Syagrus romanzoffianum
Rubber Tree Ficus elastica
Cootamundra Wattle Acacia baileyana
Small Leaf Privet Ligustrum sinense
Coral Trees Erythrina spp.
Tree of Heaven Ailanthus altissima
Crested Wattle Albizia lopantha
Umbrella Tree Schefflera actinophylla
False Acacia Robinia pseudoacacia
Wattle Acacia salignus
Honey Locust Gleditsia triacanthos
White Cedar Melia azedarach
The Tree Preservation Order exemption list does not apply to the following:
- Any tree or palm, whether indigenous, endemic, exotic or introduced species which has a height equal to or exceeding 5 metres, not being a cycad palm or mangrove
- Any cycad or mangrove irrespective of dimensions, or
- Any bushland.
Tree Preservation Order - click here
Application Form - click here
Fact Sheet Download - click here