COUNCIL TREE PRESERVATION
Listed below are the forms required for each council preservation requirements, please select your council to download the appropriate form.
Canada Bay Council
City of Sydney
Hunters Hill Council
Lane Cove Council
North Sydney Council
Parramatta City Council
Pittwater City Council
RYDE CITY COUNCIL
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER
Action Arbor Tree Services provide amongst other services, stump grinding, tree removal and tree pruning (sometimes referred to as tree lopping), as well as consultancy by qualified arborists within the Ryde City Council area.
Ryde City Council covers the following suburbs:
Below is a brief overview of the Tree Preservation Order within Ryde City Council. Please note this document should be used as a guide only.
To view complete Tree Preservation Order for this council please CLICK HERE
Ryde City Council Tree Preservation Order allows for the following work to be carried out without consent or permission: (However, Council must be notified, in writing, a minimum of 7 working days prior to the proposed commencement of works. A “Notice of Intent” form is available, from Council’s Customer service locations including the Internet site, for this advice to Council. Works should not commence until receipt of the written permit from Council).
- Trees that are within 3m of an approved detached building and any associated building, as measured from the outside of the tree, at 1.4m from the ground.
- The removal of dead or dying tree/s, as long as the trees are not a threatened species habitat.
- Tree(s) posing an immediate danger, e.g. after a storm.
- Tree(s) that have been declared noxious weeds in the local government area of the City of Ryde under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 or an undesirable species
- Tree(s) that require pruning in accordance with the Electricity Supply Act 1995 and
- the Electricity Supply (General) Regulation 2001.
Exempt tree species within Ryde City Council are as follows:
Broad leaved Privet Ligustrum lucidium
Narrow leaf Privet Ligustrum sinense
Camphor Laurel Cinnamomum camphora
Populus spp. Poplars
Cocos Palms Syagrus romanzoffianum
Rhus Tree Toxicodendron spp
Coral Tree Erythrina crista-galli
Rubber Trees Ficus elastic
Evergreen Alder Alnus jorulensis
Silky Oak Grevillea robusta
Fruit trees (see TPO for details)
Wild Olive/African Olive Olea Africana
Indian Coral Erythrina x sykesii
Willows Salix species
Liquidambar Liquidambar styraciflua
The Tree Preservation Order exemption list does not apply to the following:
- Any tree, whether on private or public land (land owned or under the care, control and management of the City of Ryde), with a height greater than 5 metres and a trunk circumference of 450mm at 1.4 metres above ground level.
- Native vegetation within defined ’Urban Bushland’ (refer to map).
- Trees which are prominent or have landmark qualities due to their height, size, position and age.
- Trees which are part of an important wildlife habitat, refuge or corridor.
- Native bushland subject to controls under State Environmental Planning Policy 19.
- Trees on the City of Ryde Significant Tree Register.
Tree Preservation Order - click here
Application Form - click here
Fact Sheet Download - click here