COUNCIL TREE PRESERVATION
Listed below are the forms required for each council preservation requirements, please select your council to download the appropriate form.
Canada Bay Council
City of Sydney
Hunters Hill Council
Lane Cove Council
North Sydney Council
Parramatta City Council
Pittwater City Council
CITY OF SYDNEY COUNCIL
TREE PRESERVATION ORDER
Action Arbor Tree Services provide amongst other services, stump grinding, tree removal and tree pruning (sometimes referred to as tree lopping), as well as consultancy by qualified arborists within the City of Sydney Council area.
City of Sydney Council covers the following suburbs:
Rushcutters Bay (parts)
Glebe St Peters (parts)
Centennial Park (parts)
Elizabeth Bay (parts)
Below is a brief overview of the Tree Preservation Order within City of Sydney Council. Please note this document should be used as a guide only.
To view complete Tree Preservation Order for this council please CLICK HERE
City of Sydney Councils Tree Preservation Order allows for the following work to be carried out without consent or permission:
- Removal of a dead/dying or dangerous tree
- Work carried out on a tree by the Council, State Emergency Services or a person acting on either of their behalf in response to an emergency.
- Removal or pruning in accordance with AS4373 Pruning of Amenity Trees to allow electricity supply.
- Removal of pruning in accordance with AS4373 Pruning of Amenity Trees to provide 0.5 metre clearance of insulated electricity supply cables.
- Tree pruning or removal approved by a current Development Consent issued by the City.
- Control, removal and eradication of any species declared a noxious plant within the City under the Noxious Weeds Act, 1993.
Exempt tree species within City of Sydney Council are as follows:
African Olive Olea europaea var. Africana
Loquat Eriobotrya japonica
Banana Musa spp
Mulberry Morus spp
Camphor Laurel Cinnamomum camphora*
Norfolk Island Hibiscus Lagunaria atersonii
Celtis/Hackbery Celtis spp.*
Oleander Nerium oleander
Citrus Species (All varieties)
Privet Ligustrum spp
Cocos Palm Syagrus romanzoffianum
Rhus Tree Toxicodendron succedaneum
Cotoneaster Cotoneaster glaucophyllus
Rubber Tree Ficus elastica
Cootamundra Wattle Acacia baileyana
Tree of Heaven Ailanthus altissima
Coral Tree Erythrina x sykesii*
Wild Honey Locust Gleditsia triacanthos
Evergreen Alder Alnus jorullensis
Castor Oil Plant Ricinus communis
False Acacia (not cvs) Robinia pseudacacia
Willows Salix spp.
Liquidambar Liquidambar styraciflua*
The Tree Preservation Order exemption list does not apply to the following:
- Any tree with a height equal to or exceeding five metres
- A single trunk species, a trunk circumference of 300mm at a height of one metre above ground level
- A multi-trunk species, a trunk circumference exceeding 100mm at a height of one metre above ground level
Tree Preservation Order - click here
Application Form - click here
Fact Sheet Download - click here